Welcome yloan.com
yloan.com » Business » The Feast To Famine Cycle
Business Small Business Bankruptcy Credit Loans Personal-Finance Stocks-Mutual-Funds Settlements Taxes Wealth-Building Finance Ecommerce Financial Investment Commercial

The Feast To Famine Cycle

The Feast to Famine Cycle - Old Man Winter

Unless you live in Miami Florida, or New Orleans Louisiana you will definitely be affected by winter. I get asked all the time for strategies in surviving the winter. I'm not boasting, but I once delivered 17 bouncers on Christmas Eve for events on Christmas Day!

How was I able to do that you ask? I ran a promo $149 which allowed the customer to keep the unit from Christmas Eve until Jan 2. That's right the customer was able to keep the unit for an entire week for $149. Let's do the math.

$149 per rental x 17 units = $2,533

December normally marks the end of our season, so to make $2,533 at a time when the phones are barley ringing was a winter time victory.

Here's how I created the sales, I sent out a mail blast to all of my customers in our database. It was a simple one page flyer mailed out the first week of December, by the 15Th of the month we had rented all of the units and even sent the over flow to my buddy in the business.

You can make money in the winter months but you have to be creative. I have just given you one of my main winter strategies for only the cost of this series, but it took me 12 years to come up with a way to make money in December.

During the summer months we would really rake in some serious doe, but it all would fall off right after Black Friday in November. This would always lead to a feast to famine cycle. The party rental business was always my full time job, therefore I did not have another gig to fall back on, I was truly all in. Looking back on it all I came to realize that my business was better to me then I was to my self. With so mush cash flow I would often over spend during the surplus month, and then have to stick it out until February.

Then came the winter 2001 and I nearly starved to death, and had to return to working a full time job just to pay my bills. What happen? I will tell you what happen, peak season, after peak season I would never put anything away to carry me through the off season.

In the spring of 2002 I begin to take 1/3 of my Sunday sales and place it in an escrow account that I would not touch until December 1st. To my amazement this account had grown to $15,000! We really had a merry Christmas for the first time in years.

You have to put a plan like this in place to keep you afloat during the off season. I have determined that the off season starts December 1st for warm weather states, and Oct 31st for cold weather states. The off season will last until March 1st. Now you will still get opportunities to make money during the off season but don't count on being booked out.

Another fact you may want to consider is that not all cultures celebrate Christmas or Birthdays, however they are still just as passionate about their children. Many of my Christmas rentals would come from the Jewish, Jehovah Witness, and Islamic communities.

I would even advertise in their circles as a way to keep my business moving forward during the down season. Please remember money is green, so you must develop the ability to market to all cultures.

Tj

Bouncer Boss

by: Gen Wright
Cotton Candy Cash - How Sweet It Is! Facing Fitness Objections The Smart Way Lifeblood To Your Costume Jewelry Business Jute Industry In Favour Of Diversification Low Cost Black & White Copies : Getting Black & White Copies For Less Start Your Own Business Selling Cheap Jewelry Benefit Auction Ideas: How To Reduce No-shows At Your Auction How To Transfer A Website To A New Web Host Wholesale Jewelry - Makes Your Business Successful Steve Comes Of Age At Nicholsons Entrepreneurs World Cup Accountants To Learn About Changes At Companies House Who Is Profiting In The Recession?
print
www.yloan.com guest:  register | login | search IP(3.16.67.54) / Processed in 0.012897 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 3289, 54,
The Feast To Famine Cycle