Welcome yloan.com
yloan.com » Basketball » Ncaa Basketball Tickets - Usc Stomps No. 9 Vols 77-55
Sportboats Motors Recreation Sports Baseball Cycling Fishing Football Golf Martial-Arts Running Soccer Swimming Tennis Basketball Volleyball Squash Badminton racing Bowling Climbing Dance Gymnastics Handball Skiing

Ncaa Basketball Tickets - Usc Stomps No. 9 Vols 77-55

Dwight Lewis had 21 points, Alex Stephenson scored 19 points and grabbed a career-high 15 rebounds

, Nikola Vucevic contributed 15 points and snatched 10 rebounds and the USC Trojans routed the No. 9 Tennessee Volunteers 77-55. Get NCAA basketball tickets and see Lewis drive to the hoop. Mike Gerrity added 12 points and had 10 assists for the Trojans, who won its third consecutive game and first against a ranked team. Southern Cal (5-4) shot 61.9 percent from the field and held the Vols to a season-low 29.6 percent.

Scotty Hopson recorded 16 points for the Vols, while Melvin Goins added 10 points for Tennessee (8-2). Although the Vols entered the week ranked eighth in the nation in scoring offense and seventh in 3-point field goal percentage, they struggled against USC's defense. Tennessee shot a season-low two of 22 from beyond 3-point range and scored a season low 55 points. The Vols, who were out-rebounded 43-21, ended their four-game win streak.

Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl didn't know Gerrity would make his debut for the Trojans. The coach thought the point guard would not be eligible to play. Gerrity, a transfer student from Charlotte, got Southern Cal rolling in the first half. He helped the Trojans offensively by handing out seven assists and grabbing three rebounds.

The Vols struggled early in the contest and never established a rhythm. They missed their first nine 3-pointers and made only two of 14 field goals. The drought allowed the Trojans to jump out to an early 11-5 lead. At one point, it looked like Tennessee would rally back, going on a 7-0 run in the first half, but USC's Marcus Johnson registered seven points during a 14-1 run in the final four minutes of the half. Tennessee's high powered offense was stunned as Southern Cal took a 33-20 halftime lead. The 20 points were the fewest Tennessee has scored this season.

Gerrity, who hadn't played a game since March 2008, helped USC build a 24-point lead in the second half. The confident point guard said, "From the moment we tipped, I found my way into the game a few minutes and once I got that comfort (level), it was just unbelievable the rest of the game." Gerrity's comfort level and Lewis' tenacity in the second half sealed the game for the Trojans. Lewis scored 11 of his 21 points after the break, which included nine during a 9-2 run that made it 59-40.

USC coach Kevin O'Neill was pleased with the Trojans' defense. He said, "I couldn't be happier with it. I thought we did a great job of protecting the paint. I thought our guys did a good job of being in their air space and changing their shots."

Pearl told the press, "Early in the game we had good looks and we just didn't make anything. They pack it in defensively and we've got to be able to make shots." The coach also noted that USC was a completely different team with Gerrity running the show. Pearl stated, "We hadn't seen him on any tape...His play was a huge factor in their dominating us."

by: Brent Warnken
Youth Basketball Ball Handling Tips & Drills Get To Know More About College Basketball Betting Great Tips On Basketball Dribbling And Ball Handling Skills. Tips On How To Jump Higher Vertical Leap Exercises In Basketball Basketball Shooting Learn How To Shoot A Free Throw And Become A Good Shooter Youth Basketball Free Throw Shooting Tips & Drills How To Jump Higher In Basketball - 3 Tips To Get A 40 Inch Vertical Fast! Anabolic Steroids In Basketball Youth Basketball Free Throw Shooting Tips & Drills
print
www.yloan.com guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.242.118) / Processed in 0.012275 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3119, 310,
Ncaa Basketball Tickets - Usc Stomps No. 9 Vols 77-55