Also you should remember to establish a good business credit profile with Dunn and Bradstreet, Equifax Small Business, Corporate Experian. This is necessary because your lenders or suppliers will like to have a look at your profile from one or all the business credit bureaus. Also with the help of a business credit report you can keep your personal credit score apart.
So if you are establishing business credit score, you need to be aware of these 5 concepts. This way you can understand how these work
· Credit Details: your payment habits of making bills, salary to employees and paying suppliers, outstanding balance, utilization of credit, and number of trade and history of these credits make up for your score in the business profile.
· Types of Account: The number of loans you have taken, terms of loans, leases, corporate credit cards, vendor credits will be a direct reflection of how you manage your finances. The length of time you have had these credits also make a difference.
· Inquiries: The numbers of enquiries you make for credit also have a huge effect on your business credit score. So excessive number of enquiries must not be made. This will hamper your credit.
· Records: Amounts of dollars associated with the liens, recent filings, its frequency, judgments or any bankruptcy will have immense effect on the business profile.
· Information of Demographic: North American Classification Code, Industrial Classification Code and number of years on the file will also determine the score of your business credit. This is also because some businesses are regarded as high risk ones while others aren't.
It is also significant to have in your mind that your score will vary on each credit agency and also will vary according to the activities you perform with you business. This variance occurs because your lenders and suppliers will not report to all agencies. But if you have been practicing healthy paying habits, you need not worry about them.
For example if corporate Experian uses more than 140 variables to determine your business credit score. If one of your suppliers keeps reporting to the same agency, then only this account will appear on corporate Experian business credit profile. Hence no matter which agency is being reported by your lenders about your financial business activities, it's important you keep in mind the above mentioned 5 principles.
Also never neglect the importance of business credit score in your business and its growth. Only your business credit score is taken into account when the lenders or suppliers gauge the possibility of having a trading relationship with you. Hence if you need financial assistance anytime to grow your business, make sure your business profile has all positive records on it.
Business Credit Score - 5 Principles to Keep in Mind
By: Sherry Gain About the Author Sherry Gain is an advocate for real estate and small business owners alike. Find out more about Building Business Credit now!. (ArticlesBase SC #3599991) Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/ - Business Credit Score - 5 Principles to Keep in Mind